Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
• Media and Business ADVISOR • Creator of Time Out New York on Demand • Creator of www.timeoutnewyork.tv • 20 year HBO business builder, leader and innovator • Creative marketer; built $800MM business at HBO

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Greatest American Dog

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/greatest_american_dog/

The video genre of self-immersion hits closer to home now that I know one of the contestants on a reality show. I don't know him well--but his name is Davd Best, MD but he devotes most of his time to his doctor's channel website for doctors.

We met earlier this year through Linked In (yes, this is an internet and social networking proof of purpose story ) . We went to the same college, so I suspect he searched by graduation year, and then notices I was in the video business (as is he) and reached out to "network".

I was actually thinking of what to write to get this blog a little more focused on my "media perspectives", rather than "My Media or My Perspectives ot my Outlooks". Give some structure to the blog so to speak.

And then I saw the email from David.

"Hi John,

Just a reminder to please watch Elvis and me on Greatest American Dog, starting this Thursday, July 10 at 8 PM ET/PT on CBS.

Also this Thursday we’ll be on the CBS Early Show (between 8 and 8:30 AM ET) and Entertainment Tonight (check local listings – 7:30 PM in NY). And don’t miss the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight (Wednesday) with the host of Greatest American Dog, Jarod Miller. You might see a familiar face or two."


So I walked right over to my TWC DVR and set it to capture tonight's show. I checked out some of the video on cbs.com (where I watched a lot of "Jericho" last year)--a meaningless comment. Oh well, at least I know my way around the player.

So, I visited David in his office/production studio, which also serves as a daytime home and shrine to Elvis, parents and others. Large portraits of Elvis and family members adorn the walls. There are 8 or 10 people sharing the space in Chelsea (I think)...probably flatiron,,

Of course, prior to visiting I watched his video of note-"Elvis's Bark Mitzvah". David had 100 guests including the iconic Dr. Ruth at the "Bark Mitzvah".

Then he took his partner and me to a nice quiet lunch. And now this. Well, good luck David! 12 dogs and their owners live together. CBS tonight at 8 eastern.



No comments: