Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
• Media and Business ADVISOR • Creator of Time Out New York on Demand • Creator of www.timeoutnewyork.tv • 20 year HBO business builder, leader and innovator • Creative marketer; built $800MM business at HBO

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Avatar in IMAX 3D




Well, we went out on a cold NYC Saturday to see AVATAR in Imax on D on 34th St. So we hopped in the E and of course the scanner didn't work and we had to go to the box office anyway. Then I noticed the down escalators weren't working. Then we had to wait in a long line to get the glasses and enter the theater. Luckily we got seats together and enjoyed some of the previews in 3D. Then the movie began. I thought the plot might be interesting at first, but quickly gave up on that hope.I was enjoying the visuals, as all the nature popped out (but of course so does the violence). About halfway through the movie I looked over at Mila--her glasses were off and she was dizzy and had her eyes closed while listening to the movie. This continued for her for the rest of the movie. Like a bad experience on a ride at an amusement park. It wasn't bothering me at the movie. But when I left the theater, walked down 3 flights of non moving escalator seats, and emerged onto 34th St, I started feeling light headed too. Like there was a buzz in the front of my head...got home fine on subway but we both felt drained, a little ill, and went to bed early...me just to close my eyes, Fell asleep very early.

Got up early today, and took some pics of Moonset over Manhattan and of course a glimpse of sunrise.

So, is the whole HD to 3D transition in film and now video/tv moving too quickly? What type of content works best? Does it have a physical impact on some people?

No comments: