Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
• Media and Business ADVISOR • Creator of Time Out New York on Demand • Creator of www.timeoutnewyork.tv • 20 year HBO business builder, leader and innovator • Creative marketer; built $800MM business at HBO

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the power of google




A picture of Long Island City Queens.












I continue to be amazed at how Google/You Tube grows and expands. Google's GMail and Calendar functions read my email and categorize it (for example anything that mentions NYU--where I teach-- and is received by gmail seems to automatically end up in an NYU folder--which I set up)

Today I received a suggestion from Google to add an appointment I had scheduled for this upcoming Friday to my Google Calendar --which, by the way, I have never used.

Each day applications appear, and attempt to grab a share of usage. Others just continue to improve and morph into easy to use functions. I think back to my Palm Pilot 10 or 12 years ago--very cool for the time. It's too bad more American companies aren't like Google...or Apple or even the behemoth Microsoft....we would have had a stronger economy had we focused on this type of R and D.

No comments: