Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
New York, NY, United States
• Media and Business ADVISOR • Creator of Time Out New York on Demand • Creator of www.timeoutnewyork.tv • 20 year HBO business builder, leader and innovator • Creative marketer; built $800MM business at HBO

Monday, September 8, 2008

Preparations for a flight

I am going to Santa Barbara tomorrow, to relax at my friend's house by the beach.

And while packing just now--I realized that I wasn't quite in synch with all the new security requirements vis a vis liquids...do I have the right plastic bags? Are the containers under the 3 oz limit or whatever it is???

And I do get to check a bag--at no cost. Is that because I am using a free ticket on Delta vs some other airline? (a dwindling cache of what was once millions of miles, now a few hundred thousand precious miles left...) but that's another story and calculation--I really had the best of the freq traveller program years and accrused benefits--which gave me and mine lots of cool free trips...

I helped Alida out at curbside check-in at United early yesterday morning. She was charged 15 the first bag; 25 for the second for a total of 40 bucks, making a fee ticket slightly less than a free ticket and addding to the cost of all other tickets...

pack light, carry light, arrive early, tip and use curbside baggage guys, read...nap...music..once we're in the air there can be some peaceful and calm moments...

so now i will examine my plastic bags and begin to calculate weight...

I have already checked in online and let them know I'll be checking 1 bag (free)
so there's a lot about this new tech I like, and which probably should have been implemented earlier--but I don;t know enough about that technology/business equation to offer up an opinion
But clearly one can move through the airline part of an airport more efficiently than before; it's the security which is still labor intensive, which slows everything down and makes it a bit of a daunting process.



at some other point i will write about many travel experiences

No comments: